Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Exactly what I needed - Easy, fast and very soft

I've had my
1000HE 1000HE for a week now. I bought it with the 2gb of ram and installed the new ram in under 10 minutes, having never done such a thing in my life before. With the new ram, my 1000HE ran both Windows XP and then the Windows 7 beta with ease. I can run iTunes version 8 and Firefox and Microsoft Word at the same time without any problems.

The blue surface does attract fingerprints, but it's not so noticeable that it bothers me, and I've been consistent (so far) about wiping it clean after every other use.

The webcam works very well, even for a cheap laptop, and I was able to take reasonably defined pics with it.

The battery life with my "normal usage" runs about 8 hours, though I haven't put it on power-saving mode to see if that's much longer.

I use this netbook on the train and haven't had trouble with the volume control in my headphones.

The trackpad buttons are a tad stiff at first, but mine have loosened just in the past week and are now very comfortable to use.

I've found that the 1000HE picks up my home's network very easily and the internet speeds transfer very well.

As for the keyboard, I'm a "proper typist" and was used to the 92 percent size within the first day. The chiclit style is much better, in my opinion, than the old 1000H model or the Acer keyboard.

I transfer all of my programs and games and movies with a usb flash-drive, so I haven't had any need for an external dvd drive

All in all a great investment at under 400 dollars, and I'm a college student who scrimps and saves her every penny. Netbook compare

No comments:

Post a Comment